A prepared trader is a generally a profitable trader, and Sunday is a great day to get ready for the week ahead by studying up from last week’s price action. In this weekend’s analysis, we take a look at the broad markets after continued moves to the upside, with SPY, QQQ, and XBI all closing at or near the longer-term 20-week simple moving average resistance. As the market has not been phased by the government shutdown, the weekly SMA (20) is the only “wall” the market needs to pay attention to.
SPY: Daily Candle w/ Weekly Overlays
QQQ: Daily Candle W/ Weekly Overlays
XBI: Daily Candle w/ Weekly Overlays
Related Blog Posts
- Alerts – Add alerts to your trendlines and indicators with sensitivity.
- Multi-time frame analysis (MTFA) – Overlay your chart a secondary timeframe with on trendlines, indicators, and Fibonacci levels.
- Trendline Preferences – Customize your trendlines to automate a consistent trendline drawing strategy.
- Add Watchlist – Create your own watchlist and quickly move through charts with automatic analysis on each!
- Automatic Candlestick Recognition – Automatically input your favorite candlestick patterns into the system and have TrendSpider find all the ones on your current chart!
AMZN: Before vs. After
This weekend’s “Before and After” shows AMZN bouncing hard off the lower Bollinger Band on the daily candle with a very strong move up to test and breakthrough the EMA (50) and then continued up to test the channel resistance above before continuing the move up. To learn more about Bollinger Bands, check out our blog post here.
Timestamps Captured This Week
Enjoyed this blog? Make sure to click on the links below to follow us on social media for intra-week chart updates:
REMEMBER: These are charts that have interesting technical setups based on automated technical indicator analysis included. Charts and analysis provided for educational reasons only. TRENDSPIDER IS A CHART ANALYSIS PLATFORM. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE TRADING OR INVESTING ADVICE. ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE USING MULTIPLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION AND/OR SEEK THE ADVICE OF A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL BEFORE TRADING OR INVESTING. Please read our full risk disclaimer on our website by clicking here.